What is Pathoma?
Pathoma is a popular textbook and review course for students preparing for the USMLE Step 1 examination. It covers all of the major concepts of pathology, including cellular and molecular mechanisms of disease, as well as the classic findings and clinical manifestations of specific diseases. The book is written by Dr. Hussain Sattar, a highly regarded professor of pathology, and is known for its clear and concise explanations of complex concepts. In recent years, Pathoma has also released an ebook version of the textbook, which has become a popular alternative to the print edition for many medical students. In this review, we will take a closer look at the Pathoma ebook and evaluate its strengths and weaknesses as a resource for medical students preparing for the USMLE Step 1.
Overview of Pathoma textbook
Pathoma, covers all of the major concepts of pathology, including cellular and molecular mechanisms of disease, as well as the classic findings and clinical manifestations of specific diseases. The book is organized by organ system and includes chapters on general pathology, infectious diseases, hematology, and neoplasia, among others. In addition to the textbook, the Pathoma course also includes videos, study guides, and other resources to help students prepare for the USMLE Step 1 examination.
Here are some strengths of the Pathoma textbook:
- Clear and concise explanations: The book is known for its clear and concise explanations of complex concepts, which makes it easier for students to understand and remember the material.
- High-yield content: The book focuses on the most important and frequently tested concepts in pathology, making it a highly efficient study tool for the USMLE Step 1.
- Organized by organ system: The book is organized by organ system, which makes it easier for students to study and review specific topics.
- Accompanied by videos and other resources: In addition to the textbook, the Pathoma course also includes videos, study guides, and other resources to help students prepare for the USMLE Step 1 examination.
- Written by a highly regarded professor: The book is written by Dr. Hussain Sattar, a highly regarded professor of pathology, which adds credibility to the content.
It can be difficult to compare the Pathoma textbook directly with other pathology textbooks, as each book has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. However, some students may find that Pathoma is a more efficient and effective study tool due to its clear and concise explanations and high-yield content. Other students may prefer a different textbook that provides more in-depth coverage of certain topics or includes additional resources such as case studies or practice questions. Ultimately, the best pathology textbook for a particular student will depend on their learning style, the resources available to them, and their specific needs and goals.
Pathoma video lectures
The Pathoma video lectures are a companion to the Pathoma textbook and are designed to help medical students prepare for the USMLE Step 1 examination. The lectures are recorded by Dr. Hussain Sattar, the author of the textbook, and cover all of the major concepts of pathology. Some students find that watching the lectures helps them to better understand and retain the material, as they are able to see and hear the concepts being explained in detail.
Some pros of the Pathoma video lectures include:
- Detailed explanations: The lectures provide a detailed explanation of the material covered in the textbook, which can be helpful for students who prefer a more visual or auditory learning style.
- Convenient format: The lectures are available online, which makes it easy for students to access them from any device with an internet connection.
- Complementary to the textbook: The lectures are designed to complement the textbook, rather than replace it, which means that students can use both resources together to maximize their studying.
- High-quality production: The lectures are professionally produced and have high-quality audio and visual components, which makes them enjoyable to watch
How long are Pathoma video lectures
Pathoma video lectures consist of 35 hours of lectures with key highlights covering important exam topics
Is Pathoma enough for USMLE
It is generally not recommended to rely on a single resource, such as Pathoma, as the sole preparation for the USMLE Step 1 examination. The USMLE Step 1 is a comprehensive exam that tests a wide range of knowledge in the basic sciences, and it is important to have a diverse study plan to ensure that you are adequately prepared. While Pathoma is a highly regarded resource and can be a valuable part of your studying, it is generally recommended to use it in conjunction with other resources such as practice questions, case studies, and other textbooks. This will help you to get a well-rounded understanding of the material and increase your chances of success on the exam.
Is Pathoma videos free
You can get free Pathoma access along with free trial of video lectures here pathoma.com/features-and-pricing or otherwise buy complete access with full video lectures starting from $84.
The trial is for a period of 30 days and doesn’t require any credit card.
How many days are required to study pathoma?
It is difficult to estimate exactly how many days it will take to cover the material in the Pathoma textbook, as this will depend on a variety of factors such as the student’s background knowledge, learning style, and study habits. Some students may be able to complete the book in a shorter time frame, while others may need more time to fully understand the material. It is generally recommended to allow at least several weeks to work through the textbook and complete the accompanying resources, such as the video lectures and study guides. This will allow you to study at a pace that is comfortable for you and give you time to review the material and solidify your understanding. It is also important to keep in mind that the goal of studying is not just to complete the material, but to truly learn and understand the concepts, which may take more time.
How many pages is pathoma?
Pathoma consists of 218 pages of text approximately and has print as well as digital version.
Which chapters are high yield in Pathoma
Pathoma covers a wide range of topics in pathology, and all of the chapters are likely to be tested on the USMLE Step 1 examination to some extent. However, some chapters may be considered more “high-yield” or important to focus on due to their frequency of testing or the importance of the material. The first three chapters are most important, as they contain key concepts.