The Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) was established in 2019 after the dissolution of the old Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). The PMC was established with the goal of providing a more effective and efficient system for regulating medical and dental professionals in Pakistan . The PMC was meant to be a replacement for the PMDC, which was found to be inefficient and ineffective in its regulation of medical and dental practitioners.
However, in late 2022, following the change of federal govt. the PMC was replaced by the newly established Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). This new council was established with the goal of providing a more effective and efficient system for regulating medical and dental practitioners in Pakistan. The PMDC is responsible for the registration and licensing of medical and dental professionals, setting standards for medical and dental education, and monitoring and enforcing the standards of practice.
Following the passing of the PM&DC bill in the National assembly of Pakistan, the PMDC has initiated its activities, the new governing body has announced some new policies and directives, however, it is appreciable that the Online medical license registration and renewal along with other services like online issuance of Good standing certificate and practical experience with online fee payment will be available for the ease of doctors nationally and overseas doctor in the USA/ UK Australia etc.
Here we will share the online medical license registration and license renewal at PMDC
How to get PMDC online medical license registration and renewal
The process for online license renewal at PMDC will be similar to the online PMC portal.
- Visit https://online.pmdc.pk and access the online license registration and renewal portal.
- Create a new account (Provide your email, phone number, password and confirm the verification code sent to your email address) or login with your details if an account is already made.
- Select the license registration/renewal section as appropriate.
- Enter your name, PMDC number, delivery address (Note that only delivery address can be changed for change in any other particular, prior to renewal application, application for change in address or other particulars has to be made.
- Upload your photograph with a white back-ground
- Upload the scan copy of your previous PMDC certificate
- Upload a scan copy of your cnic .
- Select the payment method and pay your fee via challan form/ credit-debit card etc. The current license renewal fee for 2024 is Rs. 10,000 for 5-year period.
- Submit the application